Picking up the machine, disassembly and reassembly

This is how the machine looked when I arived at the sellers workshop:

The wheel guard was missing (Who needs that...), spindle bearings where shot, the electrics where a mess, the rubber bellows on the vertical slides where ripped and it was dirty. Absolutely no pristine machine out of a prototype shop or apprentice shop, but a machine that hat to earn its money.

When I checked it I pulled of the table and the cross slide, the ways showed no damage from grinding dust, only pretty even wear, so I decided to take it home with me. I left the castiron cabinet behind, its to big and heavy to have it in my shop...the machine fitted very well into my car once it was broken down in all its parts:

I had to take the machine apart further to get it down into the basement and I did that with the machine still in the car:

Using a handtruck, it was pretty easy to move the parts down the basement:

I had a real mess of parts to clean. The ultrasonic cleaner, brass brush and compressed air where viable tools for this process:

All the cleaned parts, sorted and layd out:

The base was also cleaned and the antique electrical system was ripped out. There was a big transformer for a electromagnetic chuck which I didn't plan to use, permanent magnetic chucks have some advantages.
There was also a massive transformer for the machine light, which got also removed. I got a 240V LED bulb for the lamp, so there was no need for the transformer anymore:

I keept the original drum switch for the motor (Three phase 400V, 0,25kW) and for the machine lamp, redid all the wiring and started to put the machine back together:

The machine was back together, some parts still needed to be ordered (New rubber bellows for the vertical guides) and some parts need to be fabricated (Wheelguard). But apart from that, the machine was back up in operation.